Emergency Chiropractic Care
At Enhanced Health & Wellness Edmonton, we are here to help you live your life pain free. We are dedicated to providing treatment when you are in need so you can get back to doing what you enjoy.
In the case of an emergency, we are pleased to offer Chiropractic care outside of regular office hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Call 780-655-3453 now for an emergency chiropractic treatment.
Have you ever experienced pain suddenly from a daily activity and it continues to get worse or doesn’t get better by the next day? Unfortunately pain and injury doesn’t take a break and at certain times can be debilitating, preventing you from your normal lifestyle. Our Emergency Chiropractor in south Edmonton has lots of experience with chiropractic emergencies. We have been providing emergency chiropractic services for 10+ years and have helped many patients get out of pain efficiently.
Emergency Chiropractic Situations
When do I need an emergency chiropractor? A chiropractic emergency is a situation where you are experiencing neurological or musculoskeletal symptoms that prevent you from performing daily activities without immediate intervention. We know the search for immediate relief in these situations can sometimes be hopeless and stressful. This is why we do our best to get you in as soon as possible because we know how debilitating these situations can be. Here are a few situations in that patients have needed emergency chiropractic care:
- John, construction worker – Woke up with severe back pain and could barely move
- Michelle, nurse – fell asleep on the couch and woke up with sharp neck pain unable to move her head
- Heather, crossfit athlete – Had unbearable pain with turning and breathing after a workout
“My boyfriend has been having back problems for a while now and One Friday morning his pain was excruciating he could barely get out of bed. We then called Enhanced Health and right away they got us in. while he was in there they also offered me a free postural screening.”
- Leah T., University student, Edmonton, AB
What Are The Most Common Chiropractic Emergencies?
Common conditions where a patient will seek emergency chiropractic care:
- Disc bulge/disc herniation
- With enough stress through the vertebra and discs, a vertebral disc may start to get ‘squeezed’ in one direction leading to a disc bulge or disc herniation. This can lead to agonizing back pain and sometimes pain that travels down your legs or arms.
- Severe pain in the neck with limited or almost no range of motion
- This type of neck pain can be a headache, literally. This can be caused from muscles tightening up to the point of spasms because of too much strain or it can be joint related leaving the muscles to tighten up to create stability.
- Rib dysfunction causing pain with breathing
- ‘A rib out’ is a common way of describing this condition. One or more ribs can ‘shift’ in a way that triggers your muscles to tighten around that area in order to create stability. This leads to pain with torso and arm movement as well as pain with breathing because the ribs need to move in order for the lungs to expand during breathing.
- Car accident (MVA)
- There are approximately 2000 motor vehicle accidents that occur in Edmonton yearly. Whiplash is the most common result of a motor vehicle accident. However, you may not feel pain as soon you experience the accident. In fact, it is common to start feeling pain 1-2 weeks after the accident. Getting treatment very soon after a car accident will help decrease the progression of your injuries and get you better, faster.
- Nerve Pain
- Nerve pain is regularly felt as a sharp, shooting pain (sometimes ‘electrical pain’) that travels along the body. It can be felt as pain going down a leg or arm or pain that travels across your back. Nerve involvement doesn’t always produce pain but can also cause feelings of numbness, tingling, or weakness.
Why Choose Enhanced Health & Wellness For Emergency Chiropractic Care?
At Enhanced Health & Wellness, we do our best to not only get you out of pain but to make the whole experience easier on you. Being in severe pain is stressful and we take that into consideration when accepting you as a patient. After performing a thorough examination, our Edmonton emergency chiropractor will review what they believe is causing your pain and provide you with different treatment options.
Based on patient preference, the chiropractor will then take their time treating and providing tips on how to move with less pain after you leave. If it is discovered that our Chiropractor cannot help you with your condition, they will direct you to the proper medical professional that can help with your condition.
What we offer:
- Convenient location right on Calgary Trail in south Edmonton, just north of Super Store
- Evening, weekends, and holiday availability
- Advanced treatment techniques
- Patient education for home care
- Comfortable, Relaxed Environment
- Direct Billing
- Appointments booked in under 24 hours. Oftentimes within only a few hours
A side from offering everything you could ever want in a chiropractic provider, we also try to work with your current medical doctor. Although it has happened before, it is still uncommon for an emergency care patient to feel 100% after only one treatment. However, our treatment and advice can significantly reduce the pain you are feeling so that it is more manageable.
With your consent, a letter will be sent out to your medical doctor to let them know of the condition we are treating you for and your progress. A treatment plan is created so you know what to expect and how many treatments your condition typically takes to improve.
If you are in extreme pain and are searching for an emergency chiropractor for treatment, give us a call 780-655-3453 now so we can get you in as soon as possible. Don’t let pain take over your life, take back control and let us help you become pain free.
If you don’t need to be seen outside of clinic hours, you can book an appointment online.
*Please note: There is a $35 fee for appointments booked outside of regular clinic hours*
“Called with an emergency need after hours. Had an appointment within 3 hours of the call. Excellent and friendly!! Recommend the friendly service”
- Allison L., Nurse, Sherwood Park, AB
“Dr. Kwan was able to get us in immediately on Boxing Day when our regular chiropractor was closed. He was very professional and spent time with us trying to figure out exactly what my fiancé needed. We did not feel rushed which is usually very uncommon when dealing with any one in the medical field. We were very impressed with the care and attention he took as well were very grateful that he was able to fit us in when everyone else was closed.”
- Brittney L., Teacher, Edmonton, AB