Physiotherapy, or physical therapy (PT), is a health care specialty that treats a variety of conditions involving muscles, bones and joints. It can treat injuries resulting from work-related accidents, sports injuries, back problems or arthritis. It can also help patients recover from joint replacement surgery.
Physiotherapy helps restore function and movement when someone is affected by injury, illness, or disability. It takes a holistic approach that involves the patient actively managing their condition.
At Enhanced Health & Wellness, we know how important it is to use evidence based physiotherapy with the right level and duration of treatment, to ensure your healing process is successful. Our team has the experience and knowledge to diagnose your injury, and provide you with an effective treatment plan as well as tailored coaching for your unique needs.
Our Edmonton physiotherapy patients include:
- Senior patients
- Car accident patients
- Sports and exercise injury patients
- Patients with work-related injuries
- Patients suffering from concussions
- Patients suffering from Vertigo/Vestibular conditions
- Post surgical patients
- And more
Our physiotherapists help with:
- Muscular and joint overuse
- Shooting pain
- Neurological conditions
- Loss of range of motion, mobility, or flexibility
- Back pain or lower back pain (lumbar pain)
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Leg pain – knee, ankle, foot, etc.
- Hip and knee arthritis
- Arm pain – elbow, wrists, hand, etc.
- And more
When you suffer an injury or illness that makes it difficult for you to move around easily, seeking physiotherapy is a wise choice. When our body isn’t functioning properly, even minor issues can lead to a more serious condition over time. Treating the source of the injury sooner rather than later will help you recover faster and prevent a more serious issue from developing.
A body that performs at its peak is empowering, and we’d like to prove that to you. Our physiotherapy care team doesn’t rely on pain masking medications; we work with our patients to build resiliency and provide a plan that lasts. Whether you are training for a marathon or want to play with your children in comfort, we can help.
Enhanced Health & Wellness Patients
Our physiotherapy care patients work hard to never take the body for granted. They value the symbiotic relationship between body and mind and garner a strong, balanced body through natural support.
With our guidance and insight, you can find a pain-free, active lifestyle that contributes greatly to your overall health. Our physiotherapy services and non-invasive treatments provide results that last, everyone deserves that.
Some of our patients include:
- Personal Injury patients
- Athletic patients
- Senior patients
- Overuse patients
- Post Surgery patients
- Rehabilitation patients
- And more
We’re here and ready to start your healing process. With in-office services and take-home methods, you’ll be doing the things you love in no time.
Should I See a Physiotherapist?
Physiotherapists are trained to diagnose conditions that make it difficult for you to move around easily. They then develop individualized treatment plans with you based on your condition and goals for recovery. Our Edmonton physiotherapists actively work with the patient to provide them with exercises and advice so they feel more empowered to do their daily activities without worry.
A physiotherapist can help determine whether your pain is due to an overuse injury (repetitive strain injury), or acute trauma such as an ankle sprain caused by tripping over your shoelaces on the way to work. If you’re suffering from an acute or chronic injury, our physiotherapy treatments will help speed up the healing process so that you can resume activities you love doing with minimal discomfort as soon as possible.
If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, we’d like to see you in our clinic as soon as possible:
- Chronic or intense pain in your back, neck, or extremities (legs, arms, hands, ankles)
- Radiating pain from your back into one or both of your legs
- Radiating pain from your neck into one or both of your arms
- Weakness, tingling, or numbness throughout your body
- Redness or swelling of the skin over the area that’s in pain
When injuries go untreated, we compensate for that by using other areas of the body that aren’t intended to support the weight of the injured area. Overcompensating for extended periods can quickly lead to more damage.
Physiotherapy care has several benefits, besides those that are pain-related, including:
- Improved mobility
- Prevention of injuries
- Treating disc injuries
- Contributing to flexibility
- Body strengthening
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Improved mental health
- Proactive body care
The Best Physiotherapist in South Edmonton
When you work with us, you get a comprehensive array of services that complement each other, leading to a swift and streamlined recovery. We offer solutions, education, and guidance so you can get the most out of your experience with us.
Common Physiotherapy Services We Provide
- Concussion Therapy: Concussions are a serious matter. With the proper guidance and rehabilitation, we can help improve your cognitive function as well as re-establish the proper motor control necessary to perform your daily activities
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling: with ultra-thin needles, we’ll penetrate the skin and treat injured muscles and soft tissues, decreasing pain and increasing mobility
- Vertigo/Vestibular Rehabilitation: we provide an exercise-based program to improve balance and reduce problems related to dizziness.
- Hip and Knee Osteoarthritis: creating controlled stability and mobility through the strengthening of the muscles helps to decrease the typical symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Sports Rehabilitation: depending on the sport, different biomechanics of the body are responsible for required movement and athleticism. The road to recovery and back to play is a strategic one that requires the proper exercises to enhance your performance
In most cases, our physiotherapy techniques will resolve your pain points within a few weeks. However, no two patients are the same and we never treat you as such. With different severities of injuries and different goals, come different, specialized plans made just for you. We’ll work with you to find the best strategy for the best outcome.
Why Visit Us for Physiotherapy in South Edmonton
If you’re looking for physiotherapy in south Edmonton, we’re the place to visit. We offer a wide range of services to help you feel your best. From sports injuries to chronic pain, we can help you manage your condition and improve your quality of life.
- We offer a variety of services, including:
- Sport-specific rehabilitation
- Chronic pain management
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- Arthritis management
- Pre and post-operative care
Start Your Physiotherapy Care Today
Our team of experienced physiotherapists will work with you to create a treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs. We’ll help you set realistic goals and provide support and encouragement along the way.
We’re committed to providing outstanding care and customer service. We offer convenient appointment times, flexible payment options, and a comfortable and welcoming environment.
Contact us today to book an appointment. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about our services.
Comfort matters. Let’s get you there starting today.